Aminul Islam Bulbul returned to work on Sunday after nearly six weeks away, swiftly resuming duties at the Bangladesh Cricket Board and brushing aside any talk of crisis within the board.
Later in the day, he spoke to reporters but declined to go into detail regarding Bangladesh’s absence from last month’s ICC Men’s T20 World Cup in India and Sri Lanka.“(Whether not playing the World Cup was a mistake) I would rather not comment on that. However, we tried very hard. At the end of the day, I am also a cricketer,” Bulbul said.
He also claimed he was unaware of any discussions related to an investigation committee on the matter.
“I don’t have any idea about that, I haven’t heard anything. I came to know through newspapers,” he added.
Bulbul acknowledged that the government has the authority to investigate and stressed that its decision must be respected.
“An investigation can certainly be carried out by the government. We will listen to them, and we are doing so. Once again, I am saying that Nazmul Abedeen Fahim and the relevant individuals had finalised the national squad. We were prepared — everything from venues to participation was set. However, we must respect the government’s decision,” he said.
The BCB chief faces a demanding period ahead, with the Dhaka Premier League yet to resume and a probe underway into alleged irregularities in the board’s elections.
Despite the mounting pressure, Bulbul insisted the board remains stable.
“I do not see any crisis anywhere. The board is operating normally under its own regulations. The national team is playing, and the women’s team is preparing for matches against Sri Lanka,” he said.
“Overall, all activities are running smoothly. There is no crisis anywhere. This is an elected committee. The board has been functioning for five and a half months. We do not expect such questions,” he concluded.







